Sunday, March 16, 2008

Scary


Talk about scary! The other day I went to put Chandler down for a nap. This usually takes a few minutes, so I told Dekan to run and find something to do for just a few minutes while I put Chandler to sleep. It was seriously only 5 minutes later. I walked outside of the room and softly started calling Dekan's name. I progessively got louder and louder, because he wasn't answering. Of course the worst things begin to cross my mind, and I started to yell, "Dekan this is not a game, WE ARE NOT PLAYING HIDE AND SEEK - COME OUT NOW!!" He's never done this before, so I was very worried. Finally, I decided to check the garage, I opened it up and the big garage door was open. I thought someone got into the house and took him, so I ran to get the phone and started dialing Dave. When he answered, I called Dekan one more time, and he said, "what?" He had gone into the garage, opened up the garage door with the opener in the van, and went to the backyard to play in the sandbox. I was so relieved, but here's the kicker - I used to do this to my mom all the time! My mom tells me stories of me (about this age) that I used to run away constantly. So much, that she tied me to a post outside the house one day so I wouldn't run away. She always said she hoped I'd get a child just like me. I hope that's not true when my kids are teenagers or I'm going to lose it!

1 comment:

Sarah said...

my greatest fear is having a little dylan. I would totally freak out too, if I couldn't find Claire.