So, we've been thinking about having another addition to our family, then something like today happens that makes me realize that I can't even keep track of what we have. I've heard, though, that if you can handle three, you can handle any amount. I'm still waiting to handle two kids - we'll see.
On to the story: We went to storytime at the library this morning, and the kids library is in the back of the library. As many of you know, you have to walk through to the front of the library, and down a little hallway, before a automatic door opens up to let you out to the parking lot. On the way to your car you pass the kids library and all its windows. It was time to go, and I told the boys that we were going to be leaving. I looked down to make sure I had the books and my purse, and to say "goodbye" to some moms sitting at a table. Honestly, maybe 10 seconds. I looked up and only saw Dekan. I asked Dekan and the ladies at the table if they had seen Chandler. I checked the children's book aisles, and couldn't find him anywhere! I looked outside just in time to see him running by the windows toward the parking lot. I set the books down and took off running as fast as possible through the library to get outside. Just before I got outside, I heard the library alarms going off. One of the moms went out the emergency exit to catch him before he ran out into the parking lot - Luckily! I kept telling him this was bad and to never do it again and how much he scared Mom and Dekan, and he just kept saying okay, i won't, okay, i won't. I thought he needed to show a little more remorse or at least understand the seriousness of the situation, so I made him call Daddy when he got home. He started telling him about how he had run away and started bawling. It was so sad, but I was glad he was at least sorry for what happened. He also had to sit in the naughty chair. So, am I going to have to be one of those parents that has their kids on a leash? I hope not.
On to the story: We went to storytime at the library this morning, and the kids library is in the back of the library. As many of you know, you have to walk through to the front of the library, and down a little hallway, before a automatic door opens up to let you out to the parking lot. On the way to your car you pass the kids library and all its windows. It was time to go, and I told the boys that we were going to be leaving. I looked down to make sure I had the books and my purse, and to say "goodbye" to some moms sitting at a table. Honestly, maybe 10 seconds. I looked up and only saw Dekan. I asked Dekan and the ladies at the table if they had seen Chandler. I checked the children's book aisles, and couldn't find him anywhere! I looked outside just in time to see him running by the windows toward the parking lot. I set the books down and took off running as fast as possible through the library to get outside. Just before I got outside, I heard the library alarms going off. One of the moms went out the emergency exit to catch him before he ran out into the parking lot - Luckily! I kept telling him this was bad and to never do it again and how much he scared Mom and Dekan, and he just kept saying okay, i won't, okay, i won't. I thought he needed to show a little more remorse or at least understand the seriousness of the situation, so I made him call Daddy when he got home. He started telling him about how he had run away and started bawling. It was so sad, but I was glad he was at least sorry for what happened. He also had to sit in the naughty chair. So, am I going to have to be one of those parents that has their kids on a leash? I hope not.
3 comments:
Wow! He really likes the road. Sometimes I wonder how any child makes it past the age of 3. Seriously there are angels out there protecting us. Sometimes they run out the "emergency" exit at the library. But how do you really teach the danger of the road to a kid that little? I guess with a call to daddy and the naughty chair. You have to know that you are a great mom anyway. Even if the kids get away sometimes.
I wish libraries didn't have automatic doors. usually your hands are full of books and your kids realize you are at a disadvantage and run for it. its happened to me almost everytime I have gone to the library. will they ever learn???
He's giving you a run for your money! He's too cute though.
Post a Comment