
Before I begin, please know this is still very sensitive for me to talk about, and I will probably have to stop and start a few times just to finish telling about this. So, last night we went out to dinner with some friends to our new Cheesecake Factory in town. Dave and I decided to share the chicken madeira. They brought it out and cut in half for us to share, but it looked like two seperate pieces. I started eating right away and talking and not paying attention to anything else. After I'd eaten about 2/3 of my chicken, Dave cuts a big piece off and says, "Is chicken supposed to look like this?" I am telling you IT WAS RAW!! The chicken was very pink! My friend had also ordered the same dish and hers was a little pink also. We told the waitress, who said there were several other complaints with other customers, and she took it back and they replaced the entire meal. Needless to say, I couldn't take another bite - I'd lost my appetite. At the end of the meal, they offered to buy us all a piece of cheesecake (I would have demanded a free meal with it, but Dave doesn't like when I do things like that, so I behaved and said nothing). So, we all ordered a piece of cheesecake, and I chose one I hadn't had before, original with strawberries. When my cheesecake arrived, I was wondering if I was just overly paranoid, but I was pretty sure that my cheesecake was too runny in the middle. It didn't taste right. Despite Dave's pleadings, I asked if this consistency was normal for this cheesecake, the manager of course said no, and brought me a new piece that was completely different from the first one she brought - much better. When the waitress brought the bill, I asked her what to do if I got sick or what symptoms I should look for. She immediately told me 3 times that I could sue the restaurant. I told her I wasn't interested in doing that, but was just wondering about what symptoms to look for. Luckily, Dave and I did not get sick. Unluckily, I have thought of nothing else since then and it keeps the vomit very close to the surface. I hope I didn't ruin this restaurant for anyone, but as for me - I will not be going back for a very, very long time!!
5 comments:
gross!!! and sad-- thanks for ruining for me it will help me lose some weight. :D
Oh no! That is so sad! And I have it scheduled for Dessert Divas in August. I hope it was a weird fluke and not normal for them or I will be really sad.
I have a friend that was once eating a Wendy's chicken sandwich. He thought it had a lot of extra mayo but later learned it was a pus pocket in the chicken. I hope I didn't ruin Wendy's for everybody!
I'm meeting two friends at The Cheesecake Factory tomorrow night. I'm glad its in a different state. I'll be a little leary though. Thanks.
That is so sad! Just when you were starting to feel better. What rotten luck!
Post a Comment