About a year after we had Dekan, Dave made a discovery about his name that we were a little ashamed of - his name spelled backward is naked. Well, with school approaching he's been trying to make an extra effort to read. With all these letters swirling around in his head, the other day he asked, "Mom, what does my name spell backward n-a-k-e-d?" So, I told him that it spells naked. I thought perhaps he might be upset about it, but he just laughed and repeated it over and over. We always thought he wouldn't find out until someone in school figured it out, but he figured it out himself. Crazy kid! He met his teacher on Thursday and thought she was great, so I think things will go well when he starts Monday. I can't believe Kindergarten is a full day! We don't get to see him until almost 3pm! What's a mom to do?
3 comments:
Poor Dekan. First you name him after an appliance company and then you don't even think of all the implications. What kind of parents are you anyway?
Good thing he is a good sport about it.
what's a mom to do??? CELEBRATE!!! :D i've always thought i'd be so excited when it was time for claire to go to school, but now i find my self, getting more and more apprehensive-- what's a mom to do???? :D
I'm glad Dekan thought that was funny. Does all of Texas have all day kindergarten? Dallin goes in the morning which is nice. I can do all my running around with just the girls. I'm so excited! To answer your question, yes he did have night tremors when he was younger for a long time. Now he doesnt have nightmares very often.
Post a Comment