Friday, October 10, 2008

Career Day and a Q!


Today was Career Day, and Dekan decided that he would like to be a police when he grows up. That's the way he says it, not police officer. So, we made him a hat and badge out of construction paper.




His teacher gives out a Q to a student on a paper where she thinks that student has done quality work. Today Dekan came home with a Q, exclamation point, and a smiley face. This was his first, and he was so proud of himself. After school, he seriously talked about it for 30 minutes non-stop about how great it was to get a Q and an exclamation point and smiley face. Then, he would say something about it hit and miss. When Dave got home from work, he spent another 30 minutes or more telling him all about his Q, and how he doesn't think anyone in the class got a Q with an exclamation point and smiley face before. It was hilarious to hear him talk about it.


Lastly, we were in the car and Dave wanted to know if Chandler wanted to be anything when he grows, so he asked. Chandler said, "I want to be a duck when I grow up." Dave and I just tried hard not to let him see us laughing, but didn't argue with him about it. But, Dekan chimed in with, "Chandler, you can't be a duck, what do you want to be second?" Chandler's reply, "An X." Of course, Dekan argued about that too, but those were the only ones Chandler could come up with. I love listening to my kids talk to each other.

2 comments:

Becky said...

Maybe Chandler wants to be an X-man when he grows up. I did when I was little. Now I just want to have Peter Petrelli's power from Heroes. Sad hu? Well, I will keep wishing.

Char said...

Your kids are so cute! I love staying in tough with you on our blogs. Its been fun for me. Thanks for starting yours!