Wednesday, April 1, 2009

I played a joke on you

When I was growing up, I remember trying really hard to come up with really great practical jokes, and rarely did I come up with anything at all. My family really got into it and I remember having syran wrap put over the toilet, so when you went to the bathroom it splattered everywhere, there was fake dog poop, whoopi cushions and pretend spiders, and no matter what went on that day, I always forgot as I climbed into bed - I would always get short-sheeted. I tried some of these things when I got married, and Dave wasn't exactly thrilled or even thought they were funny, so I did nothing for 9 years. Well, this morning, I decided it was time for our boys to learn about April Fools Day.
Dekan woke up early and came into our room, I said, "Good morning! Wanna have cupcakes for breakfast?" Boy was he excited. "April Fools!" I said and boy was he disappointed!
The first thing I said to Chandler was, "There's a dog behind you! April Fools!" It scared him, not very funny.
When Dave got ready for work, I said, "Dekan's school just called, there's a gas leak and you don't have to take him to school today." "Really?" "April Fools!"

For breakfast, I turned the milk pink - the boys thought it was fun, but Dave thought it was gross.
Dekan took his glasses out of their case and they were covered with paper.

I made a delicious dinner for everyone called, "Everyone's favorite soup"

This was their reaction, then I said, "April Fools, let's go to pizza."

We went to Rosati's and it was very good - much happier boys. The boys got into all day long saying the silliest things and then April Fools. My favorite for Chandler, was, "mom, your eye just fell out and is rolling on the floor." My favorite for Dekan was, "dad, I found a poisonous snake today"
And to all my family - I hope you read the blog - I know I emailed all of you and said I'm pregnant again, (I've received congratulation and condolence emails already) but "April Fools!"

8 comments:

Stephanie Johnson said...

Ewww....gross soup. You are silly! Next year you can put kool-aid in the shower head. I like all of the things you did.

Sarah said...

that soup looks fabulous-- can i have the recipe :D claire tried really hard to get dylan and I-- it was hilarious :D

Tamara said...

Don't forget the spider that Chandler found in my hair! You are such a riot. The pregnancy email is such a brilliant trick to play!

Char said...

I played tricks on my boys too. Its so much fun now that they are older. It looks like you had a fun day!

Becky said...

I really like your soup idea. That is a good one! And the pregnancy email. I think my dad would have a heart attack if I just had a baby and then said I was pregnant again. He would not like the joke but I would. And if your family is like mine (never cheking my blog) then it will take a while for that joke to fully play out.

House of Tuft said...

Oh what fun. I couldn't bring myself to put in the effort this year. Maybe next year I will have to join in the fun.

Lindsay said...

Gross!

Betty said...

Enjoyed your photos and loved your "April Fools" bought back lots of memories. The soup was the best !!