Sunday, October 17, 2010

Playing catch-up JUNE

June started with the end of school - here are Dekan's two favorite teachers. Both have left the school, so he won't even get to see them in the hallways, so sad.


June also brought my sister, sister-in-law, and mother to visit. But how can a visit be complete without a trip to the ER for Dave in the middle of the night, and a trip to Urgent Care for my sis?
They all got awesomely expensive haircuts to start us all off.



A night out on the town
Then a trip to the Arboretum





an awesomely hot picnic lunch


playing Bingo with Grandma
After Dave's 911 midnight visit to the ER, we thought it best to leave him at home for this part of the trip, and the girls took off by our selves. At the time we didn't know what happened to Dave, but early last month we discovered it was gall stones.
First off, we played games and next morning we went to the Dr. Pepper museum.


we enjoyed real sugar dr. pepper floats - yum

I researched a bunch of Diners, Drive-ins, and Dives for us to stop at on the way to and from our destination. We had some amazing food in some off the wall places.



The story of the Salt Lick is that animals used to come lick the salt of the rocks, and that's how we came to pretend to lick the Salt Lick



A stroll down the Riverwalk in San Antonio, Texas
A visit to the ALAMO
Next morning, we found a place called Lulu's where there have a 3 lb. cinnamon roll, and some other really yummy breakfast food.

We didn't each get our own, we shared it with everyone when we got home and only ate 1/2 off it.

We went to a place called Maria's Taco Xpress, and as soon as we turned the corner, we laughed hysterically! This place had to be the most colorful.
The last place only my sister and I got to try and that was Twisted Root Burger Co. I got a burger with goat cheese - it was awesome!
We had a blast on our girl get-away

3 comments:

Lindsay said...

Did Mr. Holley leave? How sad. Where did he go? Your trip looked like tons of fun and I hope Dave is better. You like you are standing outside of Charles hair place. I hope you liked the cuts. I miss him. :(

Char said...

Your girls vacation sounds fun. Im drooling over that cinnamon roll! Your boys are so cute. I love that picture of the three of them together.

Lois Lane said...

What a fun month, doctor visits and all! :0)